
Photo by Síle Moloney
A 27-year-old man has died following a shooting in Belmont, police said.
Police said on Tuesday, April 1, at around 3.35 p.m. police responded to a 911 call regarding a male who had been been shot in front of 2325 Southern Boulevard. Upon arrival, officers from the 48th Precinct were informed that a 27-year-old male had sustained a gunshot wound to the torso.
“The victim was taken to St. Barnabas Hospital by private means, where he succumbed to his injuries,” a police spokesperson said. “There are no arrests, and the investigation remains ongoing.”
The deceased has been identified as Javier Saul of Belmont, The Bronx.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at https://crimestoppers.
All calls are strictly confidential.